Non-Attendance of Booked Appointments (DNA)
The purpose of this policy is to address instances of not keeping booked appointments with the Practice. The scope of this policy is therefore:
- Instances of not keeping an appointment with the Doctor
- Instances of not keeping an appointment with the Nurse
- Instances of not keeping an appointment with any other Healthcare Professional
The definition of a DNA is:
- When a person has booked an appointment with any of the above and failed to attend for that appointment without previously notifying the practice of their intention to not keep the appointment
- Where a review appointment has been booked and the patient fails to keep this appointment without previously notifying the practice of their intention to not keep the appointment
- Where an appointment has been sent to the patient and they do not notify us of their intention not to keep the appointment
- In the first instance the patient will be written to informing them of the practice policy on DNA’s, which is to off list persistent offenders.
- A letter will be sent on 3 subsequent occasions if the patient persists in DNA’s warning of our policy to off list persistent offenders.
- The 4th letter will inform the patient of our intention to off list them
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.